Help

Joeyp

2004 sea doo gtx 4 tech supercharged code p1509 when I start out at about 4200 rpm it misses after that it runs fine for about 30 minutes then it goes into limp mode if I let it set for a while it runs fine but starts missing at 4200 rpm. Will a speed sensor fix the problem.

from what i could look up: P1509 - Lake temperature circuit out of range

That has nothing to do with your speed sensor, it also shouldn't cause limp mode. the shop manual for my o6 RXT says limp mode is caused by the Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor, Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor, or Oil Pressure Temperature Sensor. It isn't really clear on what other conditions may cause it but that's where I'd start.

If your engine is missing on acceleration there's a lot of things it could be. Easiest to start with is plugs/coils, but it could be CPS, bad ground, fuel pressure, clogged or faulty injectors, etc... Basically anything related to ignition and fuel.

Ok thanks I will take it to a shop but like I said I runs fine for about 30 minutes besides a miss at 4200 rpm. They will say the can't diagnose the problem unless they take to the lake. Thanks

Back