HELP!! ASAP. Sea doo XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

trx450always

We bought a 1994 sea doo XP, looks brand spanking new. That was a problem. We took it out to try it, it starts right up, we put it in the water, the engine just revvs like it is in neutral. Then I notice that i am sinking. Well crap. I pull it on the trailer and notice its filling with water. I also have another XP. And the problem is obviously where the driveshaft is through the hull. I compared it to the other XP, and there is not a hose clamp on the side where it goes through the hull.
Is the driveshaft broken? How long/cost does it take to get this fixxed? I am going ot talk with the guy who sold it to me and hope he will fix this.

Missing parts!....

Sounds like to me, you may have some missing parts.....like, the Seal Carrier, the double lip seal on either end and quite possibly the needle bearing. If your missing hte seal carrier, then your missing the bearing too!........
Yeah, someone left something out when they worked on it. Must have been one of those shade tree mechanics from the 60's.....we always have some parts left over...........:rofl:

That doesn't sound too good for the mechanic that worked on it. I would give the seadoo a good check over before you put it back in the water.
You might conceder joining as a premium member so you can download a service manual and give it look over to see what else is missing. The manual in the seadoo forum library is loaded with information like parts diagrams and trouble shooting. Click on the link "Seadoo Manuals" at the top of the page for more information. If you still have problems or questions give us a shout and I'm sure you get a quick response.

Karl

Wouldn't it be a likely broken drive shaft? (Since it is leaking water) Otherwise you would think it to be a stripped driveshaft or impeller? You guys are far better at these things than I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back