HELP - 2012 GTI SE 155 Maintenance light WHY ME?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeptemberC

My family and I arrived at Norris Lake (La Follette, TN) today. We ran the GTI around for an hour or so playing around....and then went down river about 20 mins to the Marina to eat dinner. While we're we're there (an hour a half) we decided to go ahead and fill it up with gas. Shortly after leaving the Marina, still in the no wake zone) the maintenance light came on. I don't know right off hand the hours that are on it but maybe 70-75. I forgot to look before we left the dock. (I'll check in the morning and report back.)
I told you all of these small details because I don't know what might be relevant.
**My question is does anyone have a "check list" of things for me to check that may be the cause? I've checked oil & coolant. They were fine. It's running fine.
There does appear to be a Seadoo dealership in town about 40mins from me. I DONT want to be the SUCKER if I need to take it in to them.
I just took it to my local dealership last week to have another key programmed for it. The tech checked everything out for me while I stood there. Told me the hours, when the last oil change was...
Do I leave it parked tomorrow and take it to the dealer on Monday?
Your replies are appreciated.

Check the intake grate. If you picked up any trash or debris blocking the intake, then the warning will come on as it senses there is not enough water pumping through the exhaust coolant lines.

You can swim and feel under the ski or out on the trailer and get a better look.

Oh and Norris is beautiful. I'm supposed to be there next weekend but now have to attend a wedding [emoji17]

Wow! I was not aware that debris in the intake grate would cause the light to come on. We've had twigs get in there before and it runs like crap & rough and we immediately know what it is. But I guess if something plastic got up in there and is blocking the coolant line that would make sense.
We will pull it out of the water in the morning and check that out.

Any other things I should / could check? Can the light be reset to be able to tell if we fixed the problem? Will the light go off?

Joshua - I stayed up half the night searching through google and I did see that the dealership will have to turn the light out//reset it.

***He checked this morning and there are 85 hours on it. *** is that a magic service required #?

Unless the website is incorrect the dealership isn't open until Tuesday.....

Are there other lights that would come on if there was something SERIOUS wrong with it?

Oh! And we did change the oil in it ourselves at the end of last summer when it had 73 hours on it. We used Seadoo oil.

Thank you again for the continued replies.

Do you have the service/shop manual for your ski? I'd recommend downloading that.

Not sure if the maintenance and check engine are two separate alarms on your ski. The shop manual is in the premium side of this site I can download and email if needed.

It's the Maintenance reminder light. The wrench light.
Yes I have my manual with me. Read through it and I do have other warning lights. I'm leaning toward thinking it's simply a ROUTINE Maintenance light and not something that I have to take care of immediately. Ankeneyou I'd love to have that download of the shop manual. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't get a good enough wifi or cell service to download it. I'll have to wait until I get home next Sunday.

Get a candoopro. It allows you to read and clear codes yourself. Initial cost is high but saves a ton in the long run.

If it is just a Maintenance Light, it is just a reminder to get it serviced. As noted above, either the CanDoo Pro or the dealer to reset it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back