Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewvsignguy

Just sayin' Hey!

Bought a 95 SPI a few weeks ago and while looking for info on it before buying it I came across this forum. What great place with a great bunch of people!

I am new to jet ski's but not to the water. I have some mechanical skills but the ski has some work to be done. I picked it up for $250 on a picture and needless to say looked nothing like the picture when I picked it up. I was sitting outside for at least a year from the last time it was rode.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge or incorrect terminology going through this.

The wear ring and impeller looked good, no chips or dings. The engine looked a little dirty, nothing some simple green won't take care of. There was a pretty good chunk of gel coat right by the intake grate. I have fixed some gel coat on our boat not fun but I can do it. I pulled the plugs and made sure the engine was not seized, I noticed that on one of spark plugs that some of the ceramic was missing. I did not do a compression test because the battery was dead, he did try to jump the ski but now I know that was a bad idea. The choke cable pulled out and other then a new battery, a good scrubbing and a coat of rejex to the hull it might make a fun toy for the summer. I'm going to replace the pump oil as well, when I asked the previous owner if it was ever changed he just gave me this funny look. The ski had a great service record prior to this guy I bought it from.

So the ski has been in our garage for the last two weeks and it has been snowing everyday since we brought it home. I hope to get a new battery and start cleaning and repairing in the next few weeks.

So I'm sure I'll be looking for guidance and advise here until I can get it back in the water. Any one want to chime in with RUN FOREST RUN!! advise, tips and tricks please don't be shy, I can take it!

Thanks! Sean

Attachments

• SEADOO 95.jpg
    SEADOO 95.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 16
Once you get a good battery in it and have more Info to post based on what you find I am certain many here will help you.

Hope it has minimal needs and you can get out on the water soon,,

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back