Hand grip R&R?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugDog

On my 3d, I need to lube the throttle cable. Which means I need to get to the upper end of it. I got the throttle cable loose and the throttle assembly/trigger disassembled, but to get the end of the throttle cable out enough to get the cable luber on it, it appears I need to slide the throttle trigger away, which means I need to get the grip off. Please tell me I can remove and reinstall the grip. It looks to be rubber grip over a hard plastic sleeve. Normally, on dirt bike, I might get a WD40 tube under the grip and get it to loosen and slide off and clean it up good and put it back on with grip glue and safety wire. But, this doesn't look like it'll do that.

Suggestions?

You really need to put in your profile what year and model ski you have. On most there's a rubber plug at the end of the grip. Pop the plug out, there's a 10mm (I think) bolt unscrew the bolt, the grip will just slide off.

Lou

You really need to put in your profile what year and model ski you have. On most there's a rubber plug at the end of the grip. Pop the plug out, there's a 10mm (I think) bolt unscrew the bolt, the grip will just slide off.

Lou

Yep. I just figure that out. You are correct! I came in to update the thread before someone could beat me to the answer! I lose. lol

It's on 04 btw. I'm used to wrenchin on my CR250, not my ski.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back