GTXiS 215 2010 Fault Code P2081 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need assistance please..... just went to run the ski for the first time this season and after 5 minutes of running, I went to WOT for a minute.... next thing I got was the Check Engine light came on. Ski continued to run perfectly. No obvious issues. Got back to my dock and checked the oil, which was clean and full.

I did hit the Mode button and found a Fault Code P 2081. From all the searches on the internet I can find that it seems to be Exhaust Temp Sensor. On this forum, after searching every possible thing, I can only find other folks mention P2080, NOT P2081 like I have.

Can anyone verify that this is the Exhaust Temp Sensor? As my title says, it's a 2010 GTXiS 215 with 56 hours on it.

If so, WHERE do I locate this on this ski? Do you get to it from under the seat / engine compartment, or from the starboard rear corner where the battery is located?

thanks !

2081 indicates Exhaust temp sensor fault, it is located on the muffler. It could be the sensor or the wiring/connectors going to it being faulty or bad connection.

FOLLOW UP.....

Last Saturday, rode the ski 20 minutes to the dealer. About half way there I saw the check engine light go off. Tried WOT a few times and it ran perfect with no issues and the check engine light didn't come back on. I also saw that the code P2081 would not come back, or show up in the display. I took it to the dealer and told them. The service tech came out with the laptop and connected to the OBD port. He did see where the code did occur. He thought possibly it sucked up some trash and then cleared itself. Suggested I run it over the following week and if it came back on bring it back in.

So far, so good. Didn't come back on while I rode it over the weekend a half dozen times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back