GTX w/ 787 compared to an X4 hull w/ 787

Status
Not open for further replies.

spx787

How much difference is there in these two as far as parts? Is the driveshaft the same length? Same jet pump etc?

Reason is, I have the spare 787 and a bunch of 97 SPX parts I stripped off that parts ski I bought a while back. I already have a working 97 SPX and would like the second ski I build to be a different riding experience rather than having two X4 hulls with the 787. So I am wondering if all the innards are the same but just the engine placement different with the larger hull. Any help is appreciated.

Yeah, I kinda figured that lol! Will parts transfer from the SPX to the GTX though? Have lots of extra stuff from the parts SPX.

Perfect! I got a line on a couple of different GTX's right now.

I basically did not want two of the same hull. I want the SPX to tear shit up and a bigger, more stable hull for just cruising and toodling around the lake.

Well....lets say many parts interchange...but some parts are not the same.

First we have to talk the year of model. The mpems are different between 96 and 97. They will interchange if you use the Ebox, but then the harnesses are not plug and play. Gauges are obviously different.

You have reverse in the GTX, so the nozzle setup is different. The driveshaft is a different length.

Different waterbox, different exhaust hose.

Aside from that...the pump is the same, carbs are the same, engine is the same, exhaust is the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
96 had the rear Gtx decal different location
226.jpg

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

Well shit! Somebody snagged both the GTX and XP the day before I was supposed to go pick it up. I'm bummed.

It's crazy you're having a tough time finding a stripped hull. Usually people are dying to get rid of them instead of sending them to the dump

96 XP800!

I'm leaning more towards trying to find one with a blown engine and also wanting either a GSX or GTX. I was gonna have to drive 10 hours round trip for the GTX above but I was getting it for $75. Still had engine and everything in it but wasn't running.

When it's a screaming deal you gotta be on the ball. If you get ahold of someone go right away.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I would have had it not been a 10 hr round trip drive. I have to wait for a weekend to pull something like that off. This one just wasn't meant to be mine, I guess.

When it's a screaming deal you gotta be on the ball. If you get ahold of someone go right away.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more! I slept in a bit this morning and missed a smoking deal. I can't believe I did that

96 XP800!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back