gtx key bypass

Status
Not open for further replies.

bell

anyone know how to get rid of that damn poor design of a post and key. I have 31 hours and have nothing but problems with the post and key making a connection to start the seadoo. there must be a way to bypass that code and put in the old fashion ring or clip so when you fall off the boat stops. I had a polaris and old seadoo that was simple, never had starting key problems. can i just cut the wires on the post and connect them togeather. i never looked at how this thing is setup. please some find a way to get rid of this stupid setup.

I am sorry it is a rxp. where do the wires from the DESS post go to. Is there something there that can be bypassed. All I want is the old fashion kill switch with a lanyard. I am sure others have had problems with this poor key design. The dealer wants to charge $50 for each key and then he has to rekey both of my seadoos and the 4 spare keys so they are all the same. Just a big hassle to bring the skis to a dealer far away.

I don't have a schematic for that ski but typically the DESS post wires go back to MPEM/CPU. The older style kill switch on SeaDoo was a 2 wire switch and the newer DESS post style has 3 wires

You can't by pass the DESS...Just get it reprogrammed. Bring your proof of ownership to get your seadoo's reprogrammed. The Dess is a Digital Electronic Security System, to keep your seadoo from being stolen, and have the dess compromised.

Karl

You can't by pass the DESS...Just get it reprogrammed. Bring your proof of ownership to get your seadoo's reprogrammed. The Dess is a Digital Electronic Security System, to keep your seadoo from being stolen, and have the dess compromised.

Karl

I'm not sure they can turn it off once it has been activated.

There is a little known fact, that a new MPEM doesn't have the security enabled. So... if you buy a new MPEM, you can plug it in, and any key will start it.

But I don't understand the issue. There are seadoo's from 1996 that have no issues with the DESS. (my boat is one of them)

Sure... once in a while a post will co bad, or the contacts get dirty... but it's not very often.

anyone know how to get rid of that damn poor design of a post and key. I have 31 hours and have nothing but problems with the post and key making a connection to start the seadoo. there must be a way to bypass that code and put in the old fashion ring or clip so when you fall off the boat stops. I had a polaris and old seadoo that was simple, never had starting key problems. can i just cut the wires on the post and connect them togeather. i never looked at how this thing is setup. please some find a way to get rid of this stupid setup.

I have 2 seadoos 2007's, I just am getting tired of the hassle with the keys not making a good connection and the beeping sound. the units only have 30 hours on them. I just want to get on plug in a lanyard and go, if I fall off let the lanyard cut the engine off. I don't worry about people stealing my units. I just like simple...

I have only seen one way to bypass the MPEM, but its not a good solution. Sadly I think you might have to live with this one. Just make sure the posts stay clean. Good luck :cheers:

I have only seen one way to bypass the MPEM, but its not a good solution. Sadly I think you might have to live with this one. Just make sure the posts stay clean. Good luck :cheers:

Is that when you use a mpem from a ski??

I bypassed my dess post and it was fairly simple but I'm an F-15 electrican. I'm not sure if it will have any long term negitive effects but it works.

can you tell me how

can you tell me how to do it. I can wire a house, trouble shot elect on cars. but I never looked at my sea doo. By the way it is an rxt wakeboard edition 2007. thanks in advance

Here is a real quick overview of how I did mine. I'm not sure if yours would be the same or not. Take the rubber off the landyard without damaging the diode or rom on the back of it to attach the 3 wires to it that went to the DESS post. Then you put a toggle switch on the power wire to turn it on or off. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back