GTX 2004 sc P1607 code

Status
Not open for further replies.

zach levine

I am reading a P1607 code on my 2004 gtx sc. when I looked in the manual, it said no service action. Has anyone fixed a P1607 issue? I have started checking the fuses in the MPEM for corrosion, but no luck yet. should also mention that when I try to start the ski up, there is a spark on the battery and it will not start. Replaced the starter recently but I don't think it has anything to do with it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help!

1. Make sure your battery connections are tight.
2. Wiggle to two amp connectors on the MPEM when you experience a no-start condition and see if it will start.

In my situation, the male connection on the MPEM mother-board had an intermittent connection and my ski would not start. I had to replace the MPEM. After the replacement, everything worked perfectly, and it's still working today.

1. Make sure your battery connections are tight.
2. Wiggle to two amp connectors on the MPEM when you experience a no-start condition and see if it will start.

In my situation, the male connection on the MPEM mother-board had an intermittent connection and my ski would not start. I had to replace the MPEM. After the replacement, everything worked perfectly, and it's still working today.
Thanks mkov608, I just ordered a new battery to be extra sure thats not the issue. I will check out the connections on the MPEM and hopefully be able to find an issue I can fix

If it's sparking at the battery there is either corrosion on the battery term battery term are loose or someone over tightened them and cracked where they mount the terminal

Thanks, I replaced the battery and that helped with the spark. The engine still does not start though, I just here one loud click when I press start, then the display goes dark and I have to unplug the battery in order to get the display to start again. Seems like a short, or blown fuse (or both). Anybody have a good way to find/ fix this? My initial idea was to pull the MPEM out and try to find any visual corrosion or blown fuses.

Look for the three bolts on the front of the engine block, sort of under and behind the oil filler tube, facing forward towards the front of the ski. You will see three 10 mm bolts with a wire coming off each bolt, that the 3 wires go into one harness.

I see my three wire connections are a bit corroded, and my 2007 GTI SE 155 sometimes has a slow crank when hot, and occasionally get a low 12 volt message When starting. I am going to clean my three bolts and connections and check the wire condition, just as a precaution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back