Got her Wet today after 4 years sittn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crofoot50

Good Day today
FINALLY got my 2003 GTI back together . I purchased a double trailer and the ski came with it with the engine in a box and bolts in coffee cans. The previous owner took the engine out remove the Cyl head and turned it upside down on an old blanket to get the water out. He then fogged the motor with spray oil two full cans while turning it over using a battery thats as far as it went. I ordered necc parts from tonka and reassembled the top end ,(135 compression tested) i went through the carb and flushed the oil and fuel tanks , put a brand-new battery in it supercleaned the living crap out of it and rode it for 45 minutes today. It purred like a kitten and idles smoooooth. I was surprised at how heavy it was GPS read 41.5 miles an hour. I am undecided as to what to do with the seat covers the back section is cracking and there's a little rip in the main seat do you think I would get my money back and raise the value of the ski if I replace the seat covers before I sell it? I was surprised with the 720 I thought it would have more power than it does but it is a very large heavy ski. I don't know what you call them but it has those little steering fins in the rear on the side which makes it turn very sharp when you just touch the steering.
346.jpg

22DA5929-3E9B-4F93-A605-6637B2ECD080-3302-0000027C7A1C67AD_zps567d5074.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see all your persistance payed off! Looking good!

IMO try using some cut polish and clean up that hood deflector, maybe buff out those scuffs on the hull in the front. Seats look great, I wouldn't worry about recovering them.

Glad to see all your persistance payed off! Looking good!

IMO try using some cut polish and clean up that hood deflector, maybe buff out those scuffs on the hull in the front. Seats look great, I wouldn't worry about recovering them.
I will post seatpic lotta cracks

Looks awesome... Just curious if you we're to sell it, how much are you lookin to get?

It is FOR SALE btw. My Buddy (lives next door) just sold the same exact ski but it had more options (GTI LE has hour meter and speedo mine does not) and he got $2750 cash with trailer ( sold it late in May 2013) . I see them on CLIST today ranging from a low of $2200 to $3500 with trailer. I think this late in the season I may have to sit on it for the winter then Detail it and start high asking price next spring. It feels HEAVY when you ride it and whatever you call those steering fins I dont like the way it steers. My main complaint is top speed. My 92 XP would beat it in a race. It does run smooooth though. Not even a Sputter.

:blush: I agree with this statement!

Originally Posted by Coastiejoe
Nice job.

Always a challenge to work with some body else's nuts an bolts. ;-)
He must know how to please, got her good and wet after four long dry years.
I sooooo saw that statement coming LMAO . Here ya Go BOYS

FC193AEC-59D8-48C6-A848-80D3D7EA3FFB-3302-000002A5D4473F00_zps956edf61.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back