Getting my jet ski to start up fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

laze

Hello, I was wondering, Is there any way i could get my jet ski to start up on the first try?. The start button is fine, When i push to start. I hear the engine turning, but it takes about 3 trys to get it started. Is there anything i might need to clean? or change to get it started right away.. My jet ski is fuel injection so i dont have a choke button. I havent cleaned out much on my jet.. Only cleaned raves and change the spark plugs after every ride.. And fully charge my battery. Could you help me out?

I wouldn't worry about it not firing up right away. It needs to get fuel and than ignite the fuel to fire up. So it will take a few times of cranking the starter to fire up. I don't know about changing the plugs every time you go riding... I haven't changed plugs in my seadoo's in like 6 months of use ... Are the plugs the correct heat range? Plugs aren't cheap, change them when you need to, not just because.

Well i mean if there was something i could clean to fix it up a bit.. I would tho. Cause everytime i start my jet ski.. And its not turning on.. It waste my battery power O.o.. Imagine the problem gets worst and i stay in the middle of the ocean lol cause i drain all my battery power tryign to get it started..

RFI (rotax fuel injection) system

Laze, when you say "is there something I can do" to make sure your ski doesn't leave you stranded, well, yes, there is. But trying to type all the procedures to do a tune up on your ski would take me a long time.
The RFI system operates from the MPEM and if you have no faults, then your fuel system may need to be cleaned and the component parts tested.
You have 6 parts to the RFI.
1. The fuel tank
2. The fuel filter
3. The fuel pump
4. The fuel regulator
5. The injectors.
6. Finally, the engine.

When you first put your lanyard on, if your in a quiet environment and you listen closely, you should hear your fuel pump come on for about 1 second as it charges your fuel system with 56-60 pounds of pressure.
This system was designed and used in providing optimum starting and operating conditions for the ski and the environment (due to reduced emissions).
This ski should start as soon as you hit the start button. If not, then you need service. Their could be a faulty check valve, fuel module, regulator, filter needs cleaning, or a whole host of things, including a weak fuel pump.
I can tell you how to clean your filter, but to test all the above components, would be to lengthy.
You can become a premium member for at least 1 month to have access to the manual yourself, then, after reading the chapters on your fuel circuit, be able to perform those tests yourself. If you get stuck, any premium member or moderator ( who are also experienced mechanics) can help you out.
Good luck, and let us know if you need something else.........:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back