Fuel sender connections / full throttle problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazyade

Hi,

I'm having some problems with my '97 Speedster, low and mid throttle the boat runs fine but at full throttle it hesitates, seems to find power and then hesitates again.

I've read through the stickies and it looks as though a carb rebuild and fuel lime check is in order. But I did have a question about the connections to the fuel baffle.

Last season I had to take the fuel sender out but I'm not sure I've connected the hoses back up correctly. I've checked the on and / res by applying air through each hose (with the fuel filter removed). But I'm confused about the vent and res. One of the two remaining hoses I could blow air through without resistance and could hear air entering what I think is the fuel tank, this hose I've connected to Vent. The remaining hose showed resistance, I connected this to Ret. Do these settings sound correct? I applied the air to the hoses that connect to the hoses that come out the top of the fuel sender.

If the hoses are incorrect this would be a helpful fix, leaving me time to rebid the carbs over winter.

Thanks

Hopefully I've found the problem

I removed the carbs and took out the in-carb fuel filter. Both in-carb filters were about 40% full of what looked like grass or fibres. I've now removed all the debris, cleaned them up and blown them through with air. I haven't put the boat back in the water yet to see if this has resolved the full power problem.

Would the diaphragms by the pulse input need changing? They look undamaged.

Also, I wasn't able to remove the oil pump accelerator cable, what's the best way to remove this, do people remove the spring that it connects to on the carb, or can the cable be removed another way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back