Fuel issue

NITERIDA

I have just bought a 1999 Speedster with the twin 787s. One engine starts and runs but the other doesn't seem to be getting any fuel. The clear fuel filter going to that engine is not filling up. Since both engines are fed from the same fuel pump I assume it is not a pump issue but then I am not sure what would cause one side not to flow if the other is. A blockage is the most likely answer but before I go and pull all the fuel lines I thought I would ask if there is anything else I should be looking at first ?
Thanks

inside the tank is simply two straws, a shorter one to pick up the fuel when the tank is full and a longer straw when the fuel gets low (kinda like a reserve tank). and inside that baffle (what they call the straw assembly) is a small computer board that reads the fuel level and delivers the message to the dash.

the fuel pumps which are apart of the carbs, and accelerator pumps have many youtube videos on how to rebuild them if they are not working.

inside the tank is simply two straws, a shorter one to pick up the fuel when the tank is full and a longer straw when the fuel gets low (kinda like a reserve tank). and inside that baffle (what they call the straw assembly) is a small computer board that reads the fuel level and delivers the message to the dash.

the fuel pumps which are apart of the carbs, and accelerator pumps have many youtube videos on how to rebuild them if they are not working.
Mine seem to have a separate pump before the carbs. its a little black plastic box that looks like the accelerator pump on the carbs. I have just downloaded a service manual but they don't seem to show the same setup :(
Time to get the tools out and investigate. Is there an easy way to work on these in the boat ? Take the cover off completely or just jump in the engine bay ??

OK found the fuel pumps - they are separate from the carbs but the port side one is right under the oil tank and impossible to get to without taking the oil tank out first :(

Mine seem to have a separate pump before the carbs. its a little black plastic box that looks like the accelerator pump on the carbs. I have just downloaded a service manual but they don't seem to show the same setup :(
Time to get the tools out and investigate. Is there an easy way to work on these in the boat ? Take the cover off completely or just jump in the engine bay ??
Taking the back lid off makes life so much easier when working on these,

OK found the fuel pumps - they are separate from the carbs but the port side one is right under the oil tank and impossible to get to without taking the oil tank out first :(
I would be interested to see a picture of the separate fuel pumps, the only time I have ever heard of them was the yellow 587 ( I think ) is it still a diaphragm pump working off the pulse from the crankcase?

Back