Fuel Gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK230SP

Second post today - I just took the 230SP over to the fuel provider and filled up. I never let the boat get below 1/4 tank because I hate the fuel warning horn, and frankly I never trusted the actual gauge since I always seemed to put more fuel into the boat than what the gauge said I needed.

When fueling the boat, I can immediately see the gauge respond to the added fuel. In fact, I always considered the measuring float to be very active as the amount in the tank would shift as the boat was being raised and lowered, or navigating across big waves and wakes.

However, this time the needle did not immediately respond to the added fuel, and the needle stayed at 1/4 tank for nearly 15 minutes after I finished fueling. Since the pump auto-stopped twice, I was certain that I had indeed put fuel into the tank close to the top of the filler tube.

By the time I reached my dock, the needle did point to full. However the slow, one-way movement of the needle was not at all what I was used to seeing - and left me questioning what could have caused that to happen. Only time will tell if the needle accurately reflects the fuel I burn, but my confidence has definitely been put on alert. I will be calculating my burn rate and watching to see if the needle is reflecting the remaining fuel.

Anybody ever experience this? What was the eventual outcome and cause?

Thanks!!

JK230SP

Last edited:
scratch this as a fluke. Ran the boat on Sunday and the active fuel needle returned. I have no idea why it took so long for the float/needle to move from 1/4 to full. Scary, but apparently it is solved for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back