Freeze cracked?

jeffreyweems2

03 GTI I learned here that my crankshaft seal is leaking I think I've resolved that but now that I put the garden hose on it I'm getting water and oil out of the spark plug hole and I have a water leak in between the gasket between the muffler and the exhaust manifold I can't see anything visibly cracked I was thinking of pulling the head and the exhaust and trying to examine for cracks any advice would be very helpful thank you very much

I did I know a lot about cars and boats but not much about this at all please enlighten me I didn't think the engine was cracked it wasn't a great deal of water

There is a procedure for running the engine on a garden hose. If you turn on the hose before you start the engine (or turn the engine off while still on hose pressure) you will fill the cylinders with water. Which is why the question was asked. You may not have nearly the big issue you suspect.

Well you filled the crankcase and cylinders full of water and you need to get it cleared out through the sparkplugs and running to burn out all the water or you will ruin the engine with rust.

You have a wet exhaust so when you have the hose on and the engine off there is no exhaust gas flow to push the water oth the exhaust so the exhaust fills up then backflows into the cylinders and crankcase.

Never ever have the hose on without the engine running.

Go get it running ASAP!

So it shot oil probably 10 ft in the air and made a huge mess any suggestions on how to stop that I put a towel over that and it blew the towel away I tried a cardboard box and it blew that away

Back