Fearful post here- winterization....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... short story is that we had some really bad situations that is too much to go into on here lol.

Bottom line is the 01 islandia (240efi merc) did not get winterized last fall and we have had the worst winter in 40 years (figures). I am scared to death on what has happened- have not ever missed having it winterized and serviced... has a 3/4 tank of fuel and 3/4 full synthetic blend oil...

Am I doomed come spring? I have been dreading this post for weeks...... :/ thanks!

I'm gonna let [MENTION=16022]Dr Honda[/MENTION] give you the definitive answer as I am not well versed on Mercury powered jet drives. I however do have knowledge about Mercury outboards of which the jet drive is derived, and the good news is the outboards are self draining and have a minimum winterization process and I would guess the same is true for the jetdrives.

Lou

Yep, as lou said... the engine is self draining... so you will be OK there. But the freshwater system may be dead. If there was water in the pipes, they probably burst.

Also, if the bilge pump, and fountain pump still had water in them.... the motors could be dead from water intrusion.

Regardless... that's minor, and your engine should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back