Fan/Blower Rocker switch failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

biffdotorg

So the rocker switch on the dash of my X-20 seems to not work every so often. It is odd, as it feels no different each time I flip it to fire up the blower before the engine.

Sometimes it just takes a few flips back and forth to get the blower to go. My guess is the switch is failing. I suppose I should take it apart and see if it can be cleaned. As hitting the Discount Parts link to the right, I see the SeaDoo part is $43!

This seems like a generic switch, and can be found all over ebay etc. Are these generic, and is there a west marine part that I can use?

My boat is in the shop, so I can't look behind the dash right now. I will as soon as it comes home.

Thanks guys!

So the rocker switch on the dash of my X-20 seems to not work every so often. It is odd, as it feels no different each time I flip it to fire up the blower before the engine.

Sometimes it just takes a few flips back and forth to get the blower to go. My guess is the switch is failing. I suppose I should take it apart and see if it can be cleaned. As hitting the Discount Parts link to the right, I see the SeaDoo part is $43!

This seems like a generic switch, and can be found all over ebay etc. Are these generic, and is there a west marine part that I can use?

My boat is in the shop, so I can't look behind the dash right now. I will as soon as it comes home.

Thanks guys!
Its called a Carling rocker switch. Search E Bay for it. I've seen them before.
I have the same problem with mine as well. I'm guessing the current draw of the blower motor is on the hairy edge of what the switch can handle so the contacts in the switch are going bad.

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping all those Carling switches were an option. There are plenty on Ebay. I will just need to look behind my dash to be sure it's just a two-pole and the connectors are the same, or easily changed.

Check the connections on the back. They could be loose or dirty. Boats and skis are nothing more than a big ol vibration machine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back