Engine won’t rev up

Odogking0

Hey so this isn’t how I expected to come on this forum. I have a 1995 seadoo spx 657 engine and I have a big problem. It starts and runs but when I press the throttle it won’t rev up. I can see the throttle cable moving the carb but can’t seem to have it accelerate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check compression first.
150psi is perfect and it’s done at 120psi

If that checks out it’s typically the carbs. Follow the Carb Rebuild sticky.

Check compression first.
150psi is perfect and it’s done at 120psi

If that checks out it’s typically the carbs. Follow the Carb Rebuild sticky.
Compression looks good, I also found that the oil lines that are apart of the pump are all bad could that also be it? Also what kind of rebuild kit should I get for the 657 dual carbs?

Compression looks good, I also found that the oil lines that are apart of the pump are all bad could that also be it? Also what kind of rebuild kit should I get for the 657 dual carbs?
if you google “1995 sea-doo spx dual carb rebuild kit” you’ll get a bunch of options. The mikuni kits you want run around ~$100.

Need to make sure it’s a “genuine mikuni” kit. Don’t make the same mistake I did back in the day and go for the lab built - did not work out well.

Update: carbs have been rebuilt and I replaced the fuel lines cuz they were the gray nasty ones but now it cranks but won’t fire need help cuz idk what im doing wrong.

you try just spraying a little fuel down the throat of the carb to see if it'll hit? might just not have gotten fuel to the carb yet. Or it could be other things. This is just an easy check

you try just spraying a little fuel down the throat of the carb to see if it'll hit? might just not have gotten fuel to the carb yet. Or it could be other things. This is just an easy check
That worked it fired but the died cuz of shortage of gas. Should I keep cranking it to get fuel to the carb?

My lines are tight but it’s still not going. I have the correct path, but now when I go to crank it, it’s very hard to crank and there’s a constant beeping. Anything would be helpful!

so now you have it narrowed down to being a fuel problem. you could try to bypass the fuel selector and run the fuel line from the baffle Stright to the carb and see if fuel will flow that way, if it does than your fuel selector needs to be replaced. If that doesn't work I'd say pull the carbs again and make sure you put the fuel pump together correctly but this is a guess.
Also sense you just ran new fuel lines make sure everything is on the correct fitting from the baffle to the fuel selector.

My lines are tight but it’s still not going. I have the correct path, but now when I go to crank it, it’s very hard to crank and there’s a constant beeping. Anything would be helpful!
I would say that it sound flooded pull the plugs and spin it over with the throttle wide open and see if any thing comes out then wipe off the plugs put it back in and see try giving it some throttle when cranking

Back