dual shifting controls for speedster

Status
Not open for further replies.

98 speedster

Does anyone know of a company that you can purchase indivdual controls for the reverse buckets on the twin engine speedster?

Good question?

If I understand your question right, your looking to change out your control handle so that you can shift to reverse by individual engine, rather than both at one time. If I'm correct in this, then I don't think so. You may be able to find some aftermarket company that may build this, but then you'd have to go around the neutral safety switch and the rev limiter so as not to over rev while one engine is in neutral. The principal, like on some of the big boats, will let you "walk the dog" in ship talk so to speak, sideways to get pierside or do a "U turn" or what ever. It would be nice if Sea Doo offered the choice of controlling the engines individually........that would be so cool.
I use babbittsonline.com to get my parts and I checked their aftermarket stuff and they didn't have anything like it.....hope you find what your looking for!

individual reverse levers

I had heard that jetboats had manuvering problems. I have worked big boats with twins and thought the same as you. I now have mine running and find that the the things turns about its center, just like twins in large boats.
I am amazed at the low speed characteristics of these things.

Envious!

I sometimes wish I had the twin engine Challenger, really only in the event that if one engine went down, I'd have a back up.
Like you, when first driving the jet boat, I was surprised on it's low speed handling. It's a lot different than that of a boat with a regular outboard. But after getting in my head that backing the boat, the steering is backward of that of a conventional outboar, I can turn this thing around practically sitting in one spot.
I don't know about the twin engine though. As long as I could use the throttle on the engines individually, then I'd probably be o.k. with that set up. But to control reverse individually, man, that would be so cool!...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back