Don't Buy a GE Fridge!

Mickirig1

I have a 6 year old GE Fridge. It a damn good thing I can fix it. Please tell my Wife this!
I have put more parts in this thing! It has had 3 defrost heaters. a amp flow interrupter, temp sensor, 3 water solenoids, ice maker replacement, ice auger, mother board and many $40 water filters!
I just finish clearing my LG washers clogged filter. Draining the washer of 4 gallons of water!
Come up stairs and go to get ice for ice water. Hit the ice in the door bale. Rherrr. No ice!
The motor for ice auger died! OMG another $67 to fix!!!!
I am going to be arrested for shooting this thing with my .357, kicking it and calling it bad names in the driveway!

sounds like it may still have gray tempo lines. swap them out and do a compression test.

Lol unfortunately they make these things to break nowadays. No money in a fridge that runs 25+ years.

no matter what brand, they are all junk! no pride in workmanship. sadly with the evil $$ they make cheap junk so you have to keep buying. i had to replace all of the kitchen appliances after 8 years and i didnt skimp on them either!

I go to Monterrey Mexico frequently for my work. On the street/rd that runs from my hotel to the Airport is an appliance factory. The sign outside the factory contains all major brands of appliances. In other words all the competing brands are made under the same roof by the same people using the same parts...go figure.

My grandparents bought their house in 1955. They have the same Frigidare refer and deep freeze when they moved it. Never had a lick of problem with them. She wanted to upgrade, and I said "why would you do that?". Im thoroughly convinced they will make it 100 years, shit they are 60% there already

My grandparents bought their house in 1955. They have the same Frigidare refer and deep freeze when they moved it. Never had a lick of problem with them. She wanted to upgrade, and I said "why would you do that?". Im thoroughly convinced they will make it 100 years, shit they are 60% there already

They made them to last back in the day.
BTW, if your GP bought the house in 55 that's 60 yrs ago.....assuming they were 20, then that makes them about 85 now...... 85% to 100

They made them to last back in the day.
BTW, if your GP bought the house in 55 that's 60 yrs ago.....assuming they were 20, then that makes them about 85 now...... 85% to 100

Oh Timmy, your math is good but I think he was referring the the fridge lasting 100 years. :)

The Parts guy was arguing with me. Those things do not die very often. Really? How come you have a $67 motor in stock? It was packed in a form fitted box like it was made of glass.

The first time the defrost heater went out. I talked to a service guy at the parts place. He could tell I was far from helpless on fixing stuff. He told me exactly what to replace. Then he told me he charges $120 to hook up his lap top computer and test GE fridges. Gets a diagnosis and then tells them it's $50 labor to install parts and he jacks up parts price by 20%. They pay it without question! Legal Rape! No wonder they drive new deluxe trucks!

I have put more parts in this fridge over 6 years: Mother board. 2 defrost heaters, 2 water control valves, current interrupter, 2 temp sensors, ice auger motor, ice auger and ice maker unit!
It decides to stop cooling on Christmas day ( Friday ). I am working ambulance till 8 PM. I text the son how to take it apart and clear cooling coils. Get home the inside fan is not working! Parts stores are closed till Monday. I come home Sunday and there is a new fridge! Old one gone. I.WAS.PISSED! I wanted to put twelve .357 rounds through it and make sure it was dead! So no one else ended up with the Lemon!

New fridge works perfect! Wife bought an Ice Maker Kit. Took 5 min to install with one screw driver. It is so nice to have Ice in a bin and not have issues! Kids are grown up. We don't need the huge freezer / fridge anymore. No more $50 water filters!

Frigin frig filters are stupid expensive. When they first came out they were $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The woman at Home Depot argued that they have always been $50. I told her, NO they were $39 for the last 5 years. Believe you me. I know how much and how long I have been RAPED. She did not like that comment!

Back