Diagnostic scaner BUDS grayed fields modification: total hours, model, vin

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedofix

There is no way BUDS can modify run time (total hours), vin number, model of your boat or delivery date. In a realty, this can be reprogrammed without opening Rotax MPEM unit (ECM). The programming done by connecting either to diagnostic socket on boat or to ECM socket on desk. The immobilizer can be disabled as well so the boat starts by any key or magnet. Mail in service is available. PM for more info.

Models:
> Sea-Doo Boats: Challenger, SP, Speedster, WAKE, Utopia, Islandia, Sportster
> Sea-Doo Watercraft: GTI, GTR, GTS, GTX, GTX 4-TEC, RXP, RXT, 3D, WAKE

Application ECM (Siemens VDO MSE 3.7 R / xx):
> Any models from 2005 to current

Refer to the image to see what can be changed diagnostically.
seadoo-screen2.jpgseadoo-screen2.jpg

I do not get what this thread is trying to accomplish. You are not really asking a question, nor providing a point. To me it looks like you are trying to attract people that are looking to forge something. Why would you need to change vins or disable keys??? Very strange post for a newbie.

The only things that look like they would need to change is the name of the owner, and I bet that could be done with any dealer visit.

If you are offering some kind of service to me it looks very seedy, almost like disabling an odometer on a leased car, or if someone has a stolen machine and wants to clear some stuff out.

If not you can clarify what you are really trying to get at.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, quite confusing. Are you offering to change vins and hours? If so, this forum isn't the place. Please clarify

Yes these guys are right on the mark, I'm going to insist you give us an explanation or I will have to delete this thread as spam.

Lou

The programming is necessary when the engine has been replaced or rebuilt! would you like to tell your customer the story the boat you are selling after fitting a used grandpa engine has less hours that was before??? It is not right! In case you replaced ECM - the data is null and no one dealer would be able to assign a real hours to it, this ECM will start from "0"! Is it what you need? It is not right!
For sure it can be done for a "Gray" market as well, but kitchen knifes on sale everywhere and nobody asks resellers if it is used in a crime! Saying that I confirm my ability to program Total Hours and other data and I want to clarify that programming lies in the legal field as far as you presenting your case accordingly.

Comparing reselling kitchen knives and changing vin numbers is just asinine

Simple receipts with dates on them can verify when the motor was rebuilt or the ecm was replaced.

I think if you were intending on offering these services you would have stated it differently and not stated anything about the vin

Yes, the vin comment put a sour taste in my mouth. There are trusted members on this site that work on and program mpems daily, yet never have mentioned changing hours or vins.

Could you explain the need for someone to need to change the vin model or anything related. Basically your saying mail me an mpem and ill change whatever you need. Yes, most people are honest. But how will you differentiate those from someone mailing you a stolen seadoos mpem to have the information changed.

So is this a point of information or are you offering programming services?

A couple of points you mentioned in your original post that this programming applies to 2005 model year and newer, you have posted in the two stroke section, only a handful of two strokes have been made since 2005 so 98% of the two strokes this information or service wouldn't apply to anyway.

SeaDoo pwc's and boats don't have a VIN, the have a HIN (hull identification number) so were not talking about programming a Messariti, we're talking about a 15 plus year old ski, not exactly on the hot list, I doubt if any law enforcement or even BRP is going to complain if the engine serial number doesn't match the HIN information.

I am the IT Director at an automobile dealership and I know for a fact the when the dealership replaces an engine, they do record the new engine serial number in the VIN automobile history, but we would never reset the car mileage back to zero, an you're saying when a motor is replaced in a SeaDoo the hours should be set back to zero? I don't think so.

Lou

Why are we talking about a guy who over rides seadoo system software. Is this even legal? I don't really see any positive use for this and think that we shouldn't be promoting these "shady" practices and this needs to be removed. If this was a local here on the forum I would hear them out but this sounds shady and I think this needs to be removed. Just my opinion

I agree, it's time to end this thread and this user. I checked the history and we had a similar thread back in January, pretty much the same results.

The only reason I am leaving this post up is as an example what will and won't be tolerated on this forum. I am proud of those that responded.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back