DI Oil Tank Line

Seadoofinatic

Picked up this 03 XP DI cheap and finally got it running with the help of candoo. I am considering changing the tank oil while I was in there looking at the lines they have already been converted from the grey lines. There is a red line coming from the bottom of the oil tank, should I see oil in this line? As it looks like no oil is in there, tank is full.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7781.jpeg
    IMG_7781.jpeg
    422.4 KB · Views: 7
Oil tank line is generally clear and a filter should be installed. I'd buy the proper oil line material. I tried using some aftermarket lines and had nothing but trouble. Line coming from the oil tank to the injection pump. I place white paper towels under the lines for 24 hours at least to make sure I don't have any leaks. I hate leaks. :D

GTX DI Completion Engine Compartment (3).JPEG

Oil tank line is generally clear and a filter should be installed. I'd buy the proper oil line material. I tried using some aftermarket lines and had nothing but trouble. Line coming from the oil tank to the injection pump. I place white paper towels under the lines for 24 hours at least to make sure I don't have any leaks. I hate leaks. :D

View attachment 66772
Any recommendation on where to get the oil hose and what type ? Also I def need to add a filter do you have a part number for it ?

Oil lines were never Gray, they have always been clear.
There is no reason to change the oil tank lines unless they are damaged.
The oil is red, that is why the lines look red.

Oil lines were never Gray, they have always been clear.
There is no reason to change the oil tank lines unless they are damaged.
The oil is red, that is why the lines look red.
That makes sense now red oil = red line. Thanks for the input. I have no knowledge of the type of oil that’s in it. Would you recommend draining the tank and changing it ?

I generally remove the oil tank and drain and clean them up. You never know what's in there that you can't see. Looks by the picture that you have the single piece oil tank but I can't see it very well. The split oil tanks need to be inspected closely. I've repaired a number of them.

Back