completely re-done 1 of a kind 96 challenger...thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies.

avasdaddy

this is my improved??? 96 seadoo challenger... i did all the work myself other than seat i had some help with the round parts in the back rests. i used full reflective marine grade vynle on the sides and automotive paint on the steer column and steering wheel. my hydro turf was one of the first upgrades along with black rub bar and before i could even finish it was faded to pink.. i am ordering new. any other ideas for what i can do? i want to paint the rear engine/storage cover red. what are your thoughts?

Attachments

• boat side decals2.jpg
    boat side decals2.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 259
  • boat side decals 3.jpg
    boat side decals 3.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 181
  • boat steet console.jpg
    boat steet console.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 187
  • boat seat decals.jpg
    boat seat decals.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 204
  • boat inside.jpg
    boat inside.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 194
Looks awesome. Use a site like photobucket to host the pics and make em bigger. I wanna check it out and its tough with the little pics.

Looks really slick...I wouldn't guess the year if I didn't know SeaDoos.

For more modding ideas, just stalk RFoster130 for a while ;)

not sure how to do that

You can goto photobucket.com and sign up for a free account. You upload your pics. Then you just copy the little image code and paste it into a thread here. Then the pics will be huge and not takin up hosting space for this site.

LOL Joe. I think I am done for now.....till winter. I dont know what else to do with it. I am happy with everything, but I enjoy working on it, so I may add some more speakers over the winter.

68.jpg

69.jpg

70.jpg

71.jpg

72.jpg

i am not sure if thats correct... i am also going to paint the rear engine/storage compartment lid red. i need new hydro-turf tho because mine faded in like a few days/weeks. i also have intentions on doing the underglow. i put the snowglow on my snowmobiles a few years back and love it. i would like to do stereo but to expensiven i am sure its $1500 into a nice stereo

Looks good. You gonna switch colors on the turf? LED lights look good and are fairly cheap. I am still contemplating if I want to add them under the water line. The audio system and 2nd battery was just over $1600 with me doing it all. You can do much cheaper and still sound decent though.

i am not sure if i am doing red or black. i like red but it fades so fast. the leds do look wicked. i love them on my snowmobile so i am sure ill be pleased with the boat as well. whats your opinions on painting that rear deck lid, kind of like the newer ones

I think it would look good. I dont know squat about painting though. I am curious how you do it and how it works going over the existing gel coat?

Think I would go with black turf though so it wont turn pink again.

I ordered direct from them. Mention you are a member here and you get a discount, I think 15%. Or you can click the pwcmuscle link here and buy from them, i think it has the same prices and discount.

not really...looks like you got it all covered yourself. Just do what makes you happy...screw everyone else..lol

Looks really good!

I have a 97 and was looking to so some updates myself. Were did you get your bumpers from? mine are falling off and damaged from previous owner i woudl like to replace.

Kind of an older post... but I've always wanted to do something like this with my 97 challenger. You did great work! Do you mind me asking how much all of this cost you?

Kozmonster:

You may be better off sending him an email, or PM, since he hasn't logged-in, in over a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back