Chat Room options ????

If it can be done, would you be in favor of a chat room on this forum?

• yes

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Coastiejoe

I'm sure it has been touched on before,,,

But what would it take to allow members to chat with others while logged into the site?

i like that idea... other then the PMs i think it would pretty cool to have a direct connect chat feature where you can still search the threads while chatting with other members.. im interested in this!

It's been contemplated in the past. Ultimately it can't be monitored like forum posts can and would also take away from the amount of posts to the forum in general.

agree w/mods

downside
hard to moderate the bs on a chatroll, nothing is saved for future, reduces posting

upside
avoids bs on forum, sidetracking of threads.

if there weren't a number of other chat options out there, this might make sense but there are LOTs of chat options.

I know this is an older thread but I've just came across it, I think it would be good to have a chat option here while logged in, yeah it would have its advantages and disadvantages but say you just wanted to ask a quick simple question to a single person who may be online in this case the option would be helpful sometimes.

I know this is an older thread but I've just came across it, I think it would be good to have a chat option here while logged in, yeah it would have its advantages and disadvantages but say you just wanted to ask a quick simple question to a single person who may be online in this case the option would be helpful sometimes.

I understand both sides of the arguments...

It would be nice just to chat at times but it could easily take away from the message board as well...

Back