Changing jetboat impellars _ 2000 Sea-Doo Islandia

Status
Not open for further replies.

meridian2005

Experiencing cavitation when we move throttle too quickly. Boat takes awhile to get on plane. Understand this is a 10 passenger craft, but I think my grandmother could catch us if she could walk on water. Any suggestions on changing impellar to higher performance one? Many thanks.

Have you checked the impeller for damage or obstructions? Is this craft new to you, or has it always had this problem?

Cavitation!

I just read a section in my manual, looking for the answer to an entirely different question, I might add, when I came across the issue of loss of power on acceleration due to cavitation. It goes on to explain that where the jet attaches to the boat and control cables, shafts, etc... pass through the hull of the boat, that the impellor can actually suck air in from within the inside of engine compartment. This was a very good read. I did read it in my shop manual for the Challenger style boat and pump setup, but maybe it can also apply to your situation. I hope this can be of some use to you!

Inspection

It's probably moot, but I'm sure that if and when you remove the impellor, do a thorough inspection of the wearing ring, the splines to your shaft and anything else that may be causing the problem. A new impellor can cost upwards of $200 but there are some online vendors that sell refurbished impellors that are done to OEM specifications for a lot less with a core trade. I hope you find your problem!:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back