Challenger 210 and SeaDek w/transat seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

gb387

I finally had a chance to add a spacer to my transat seats allowing me to install the final parts of my swim platform SeaDek.

I used 1/4 inch plexi glass, rounded the edges drilled some holes and installed it between the hinge and fiberglass. The screws already on the boat look long enough so the spacer seems to be the only needed part. These spacers give the needed clearance for the SeaDek installation and clearance for the transat seats. These spacers are only needed for the two strips of SeaDek closest to the engine compartment. This was the quickest and cheapest method without getting too crazy. The 1/4 inch plexiglass appears to be very close to the right thickness it could have been just a tick thicker but should work as is.

The final pieces of the SeaDek give the swim platform a nice finished look.

IMG_20170828_195257.jpg
IMG_20170828_195300.jpg
IMG_20170828_200150.jpg
IMG_20170829_161451.jpg
IMG_20170829_161512.jpg
IMG_20170829_161435.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a piece of 1/4 starboard leaning against my desk for just this. FYI. I have worked with JetBoatPilot and created a template for the transat seat pads. They are #'s 3XA and 3XB. The "seat" pad can be up to 13mm think, and the "leg" pad is standard 6mm.

20170728_183859.jpg

I've got a piece of 1/4 starboard leaning against my desk for just this. FYI. I have worked with JetBoatPilot and created a template for the transat seat pads. They are #'s 3XA and 3XB. The "seat" pad can be up to 13mm think, and the "leg" pad is standard 6mm.

View attachment 41326

I did see these on their website... I thought about getting them but there is nothing wrong with ours at this point. Do you think they'd ever do a Seadoo logo in those like the originals?

Not sure about the logo, but they will add custom lettering etc. Wife wanted to try a thicker seat cushion, so I ordered the 20mm dual density,it's a bit to think and hits the engine hatch. It is slightly more comfortable, maybe not enough to justify but hey, it's a boat right. Justification is out the window. :) Plus it matches the swimdeck now.

I really want to get the pads for under the steering wheel and glove box where you rest your feet on the slope portion of the floor. But they say you have to buy the entire cockpit kit to get those two pieces and I don't want the entire cockpit kit.

After having the full kit in for a couple weeks. It's the best $ spent on the boat. So much better than the carpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back