Carb to manifold gasket question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'm not being lazy here. I have a 1997 Sea Doo Speedster with Twin 717 Rotax. Just cleaned the carbs. The gasket between the carb and intake manifold is destroyed. Also, I need the carb-to-Flame Arrestor gasket too!

Dealers have been no help. They can't even give me the part number and neither they nor I can find the gasket on the online microfiche schematics.

I'm just about ready to go to Autozone and buy a thermostat gasket, cause that's exactly what it looks like.

SBT sells a gasket kit with all sorts of intake gaskets that I don't need in the kit, so I'd rather not pay for $20 of gaskets and stuff I don't need. (I need 2 gaskets (upper and lower gasket) for each carb.)

Any help is appreciated!

you don't need a gasket to the airbox... but any seadoo dealer should be able to get you the base gaskets. (about $3~$4 each) But if you can find a thermostat gasket that will work... go for it.

SeaDoo Part number 293250042

If you find a thermostat gasket that will work let us know. It would be a lot cheaper, our dealer has to order everything.

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, thanks for all the help. I decided to buy a gasket sheet and make my own. Not very difficult to do, just time consuming. I credit Dr Honda for helping me find the gasket on the microfiche. I never looked at the oil injection pump diagrams, but it's there. Price is over $10 each so making my own is definately cheaper. Thanks again!

$10 each !!!!!!! WOW ! I think full retail should only be $4. My local dealer normally gives them to me for $3.50.

OK, thanks for all the help. I decided to buy a gasket sheet and make my own. Not very difficult to do, just time consuming. I credit Dr Honda for helping me find the gasket on the microfiche. I never looked at the oil injection pump diagrams, but it's there. Price is over $10 each so making my own is definately cheaper. Thanks again!

I've been making my own the same way, was a pain in the butt the first few times, now I can bust them out pretty quick.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back