carb adjustment help and impeller help???

Status
Not open for further replies.

russianphil18

I have a 97 sea doo xp and my rebuilt engine is about to come in next week. I need to break it in before i can go full throttle but to break it in i need to at least roughly adjust my cleaned carbs. can someone tell me what i need to do to tune my carbs with out the engine running so that i can run two tanks of gas through it and then start my fine tune process when i can go full throttle. thanks. any help is appreciated

I also plan on opening and checking the impeller. I have heard some people saying that there is some kind of liquid or something that you can rub on the sides of the impeller housing so that the there is no pressure leak and the length between the impeller blades and the housing is minimal. I guess its some kind of coating that hardens and that way all the blades are pushing closer to maximum ideal pressure. I dont know much about the whole jet process but im working on it and learning. thanks for any help

BTW I love Bills86e's post
http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?40380-Carburetor-Adjustments
it gives alot of info and i will treat it like the bible during my tuning process. thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back