Cant get flywheel off

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevlh20

Ive taken out my 1993 GTX engine its a 580cc taken just about everything off but cant get the flywheel off for the life of me. any suggestions of taking it off? thanks

You should be using a spline tool to wrench it off. And are you using two wrenches so that the engine doesn't revolve?

You should be using a spline tool to wrench it off. And are you using two wrenches so that the engine doesn't revolve?
The engine does not revolve because the piston is seized. I took the huge nut off with like a 1 1/8in socket but the flywheel isnt budging

Gear puller?

Have you attempted to use a gear puller?....The manual says to heat the retainer with a heat gun to break the Loctite bond, but it seems you already have the retainer off. The next step would be to attach a universal gear puller on it and slowly tighten the bolts down until it frees itself from the shaft (magneto side flywheel). When you do this, you tighten them down pretty good, then tap on your center bolt (which is what your tightening) with a hammer. Let me say that again...."tap". Once it breaks the seal, it should just pop right off.........let me know if you get it off and if you have other questions....I've got the gear puller and it works like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back