Candoo Pro Heads up...

Coastiejoe

Got mine in the mail yesterday and setting it up now.

Once the two first installs were done, it then wanted to do an UPDATE SOFTWARE. I said yes. Kaspersky, which is the anti-virus I use, saw it as malicious. Not only did it prevent me from obtaining the update, but rendered the Candoo Pro useless.

I ended up doing a restore to my computer to eliminate all recent downloads, doing a reboot, shutting down Kaspersky, then going through the entire install and update process again.

So,,, If you get a Candoo Pro, you may want to turn of your anti-virus when installing and when using it.

I say while using it as if the computer it is on has access to the web, it will look for FLASH and SOFTWARE updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's just crap Joe, you would think manufacture with such a big name and popular item would have had that sorted out way before, I know the time involved in restoring the pc as well what a headmess that can be at times, just did my 2 here.

Kaspersky is the same system that is used by some select groups within the US Government. So the issue may be from Kaspersky more so than other anti-virus softwares. But,, just to be safe, I will always shut it down when using the Candoo Pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back