Can you guys help me select an amp for my stereo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMANN06

Hey Guys, I've got an underpowerd amp and one thing I wanted to do to my boat over the winter is get the amp situation sorted out. Here's my setup.

Deck -
Sony Marine Audio - DSX-MS60

Speakers -
4x 6.5" Bazooka MAC6502B @ 100W each
4x 6" Infinity Wake Tower Speakers @ 150W each (each tower speaker has 2 6" Speakers)

I'm looking for a good quality amp that is going to give me the power I need without cutting out or giving me problems. I've never really gotten into modifying/upgrading car stereos or anything like that. So i'm totally in the dark, any help is super appreciated! I was hoping to budget around $300.00 or so but if I need to spend more I will.

I have no idea, my boat is winterized and wrapped right now so I can't even go look. I had issues with the deck cutting out when the tunes were turned way up. I'm not an expert on stereos by any strech but was advised that the cause is likely the amp.

I would suggest Rockford Fosgate M600-4D. It's a 4X100 4 ohm / 4X150 watt 2ohm amp(your current configuration). I don't personally have 1 of these amps but plan on buying 1 this winter to upgrade my system. Rockford is a good company & I have used their products over the last 25 yrs with no complaints. If you shop around - you can find the amp for your budget as well (PM me if you want & I'll send you a link to a respectable online company I've done business with).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back