Can I jump my boat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

challenger18

I have an 01 challenger 1800, how much air can i safely get with this boat. we get some pretty big swells on lake michigan and i would like to have some fun, but i dont want to damage my boat. Thanks guys, this site ROCKS!

Well I have a 1997 Challenger with a single 787, and a 08,200 speedster, with twin 4-tec engines. I'm not the faint of hart and have raced FAST stand-up jet skis for like 10 years. I feel real comfortable getting pretty high off the wakes,(15'-30' on my stand-ups) but if it's done wrong it can cause some heavy duty damage. On my jet boats I get about 6'-8', and its something I built up to to learn the boats feel airborne. It's all in the timing and landing. I would suggest you take it slow and learn what feels like a soft landing and build from there. I wouldn't just start jumping like 5 feet out of the water with out starting out smaller. I have seen 14' jet boats almost flip over back words off 3' swells because of the wind. Be careful and take you time.

Karl

good question

I was going to ask the same thing. While the importance to progress with that is kinda obvious, I am more concerned about boat's durability, whether it can withstand the beating that comes with jumping and hard u-turns on high speed.

Design....

That's what they are built for..........jumping the waves. I'm sure if you jumped Niagra falls, it would probably get beat up pretty bad, but they are made to have fun. I've never heard of anyone breaking one....:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back