can a 250 efi bolt on a 240efi

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike's islandia

I have a 2000 islandia with a blown 240 efi mercury, I want to know if a 250 efi will bolt on the jet pump the same as a 240, the 250 is alot cheaper than the 240

I know this is an old thread, but I'll take a stab at it.

I've tried to find info on this, and all I can find is the 240 "M2" powerhead is jet specific, and nothing will bolt in its place. I'll do some more research to see what is out there.

:cheers:
Ernest

In looking at the manuals and the parts catalogs online it shows that there is a different cover assembly for each motor 859396A 1 COVER ASSEMBLY, Top Of Drive Housing for the 240 and 880041A 1 COVER ASSEMBLY, Top Of Jet Drive Housing for the 250. Along with that there is an adaptor plate for each engine. These parts are required to bolt either engine on to the M2 Jet pump. So it seems that you can put you will spend the money on these parts then I would say you would also need to check how the exhaust system exits the boat itself and how the mufflers connect from the engine to that point, they may be just different enough that you may have to change parts there also.

Eddie

I would say you would also need to check how the exhaust system exits the boat itself and how the mufflers connect from the engine to that point, they may be just different enough that you may have to change parts there also.

Eddie

This is how polaris did it with the 250 M2. Yea, I was thinking the same thing, "polaris made a friggin boat?" Not only that, they made a jetboat.....

Ernest
39.jpg

Nope, can't say I do, because much like unicorns, I've only seen them online. :)
Ernest

p.s. my old sportsters engine bay is that clean, but it is grey, not near as impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back