Busy day at the office.

RFoster130

Premium Member
Premium Member
I am sure some of you wonder how I am always on here and I post stuff pretty much all hours of the day. I am lucky enough to work a job where I have lots of free time to do what i want. So I am able to hang out on here a lot during the days I am working. I work 24 hours on at the firehouse and then have 48 off. Well yesterday was one of the rare days where we were busy all day. We left the firehouse for a fire at 2pm and didnt get back again till 11pm. Then we were out several more times through the night. I just wanted to share a couple pictures I managed to snap off while trying to get some stuff done the first 5 minutes after we pulled up at an apartment building with fire already coming through the roof.

219.jpg

220.jpg

Nice to do something meaningful as a career RF.

Can you bring your rig to the station and wrench on it between calls, or is that inappropriate?

Yeah that is one of the job perks. I work on my truck or boat all the time. Cant really do it during businiess hours during the week, but weekends and evenings are free game. Almost all my boat mods were done while working.

Kudos to you and your fellow firefighters. Heros everyday in my book!:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work by you! A fireman is important in our community. That is great to help people and animals. You help put out fires so our houses, other buildings, and land don't burn down. :cheers:

Should of snapped a picture of the scene I just had. A minivan with 6 people in it. A car with 4 people in it crashed together. First chief on scene calls for 8 squads and a box response.
( 2 engines and a rescue equipped ladder + the squads ).
Pull up on scene. It's just a sea of blue, red and white flashing lights. Only one person hurt! He just assumed all 10 were hurt. Thank GOD!
I was off in ten minutes!

Back