Bumpers on the back of a Speedster 150

Status
Not open for further replies.

sschwar4

I always thought that if you take the struts off the engine cover and open it fully it would rest on those! Never tested it though.

These bumpers are some kind of antennas... To communicate with... wait... I have no clue actually... lol ;) Good question... Anyone has an answer? I was wondering the same last summer!!

Patrick

I wondered as well..... was looking at them the other day trying to figure it out. Best i could come up with was the wakeboard tower rest on them when its folded down????? But i dont have a tower so cant say

You guys clearly have no clue......They're part of the optional flux capacitor system Seadoo's experimental division was going to introduce but the oil industry put the kabash on it in effort to price gouge us on gasoline.......Dont you guys know anything?? ;-)

Craig

You guys clearly have no clue......They're part of the optional flux capacitor system Seadoo's experimental division was going to introduce but the oil industry put the kabash on it in effort to price gouge us on gasoline.......Dont you guys know anything?? ;-)

Craig

hahah that got me laughing

maybe if you inflate a tube and post it up on the back platform those help hold it in place? Doesn't seem too likely but hey i dunno

our bout doesn't have those, I believe from what we were told, our tower is designed to be completely removed and set aside, rather than folding down, since folding it really wouldnt make the clearence much better in our case.

Conversation over....

O.k., this thread has gone on long enough.

The two rectangle rubber pieces in the photo, are part #32, http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/seadooforums/Seadoo_oem/Seadoo_JB.asp?Type=13&A=140&B=19 , they are handles for re-boarding the back of the boat. The rubber bumpers, part #43, http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/seadooforums/Seadoo_oem/Seadoo_JB.asp?Type=13&A=140&B=18 , I have no idea what they might be used for. I can't find anything on them with exception to part# and replacement cost. It's not in the Oweners manual either.

So, that should help out in what you are looking for.............:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
They hold a wakeboard in place when sitting on the back of the boat. As you push your feeting into the boots, they hold the board still.

They hold a wakeboard in place when sitting on the back of the boat. As you push your feeting into the boots, they hold the board still.

One of my buddy's tried that and wrecked one of my boards, bottom looked like it was sanded with 40 grit :(

lol so much for my idea. I see you from brampton you ever boat in longpoint bay area.

seeing as how you were wrong maybe you should pay me for wasting my time haha.

no i've never been to longpoint bay. i usually go to lake ontario, launch in mississauga. i've been to some of the smaller lakes up north but they don't do it for me. not enough room to cruise.

Those rubber stoppers/bumpers are there to protect the corners of the boat from being scratched by any type of board or toy that gets pulled up on to the back. Otherwise they must be for some manufacturing process. However, i doubt the latter because there are no marks on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back