Breather connection on 2021 GTI SE 170

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

fldude00

Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to read this query. On a GTI SE 170 when trying to replace the battery, the breather (part number 2000c) popped out of the Hose intake silencer (part number 2000e). When I try to push it back in, the intake silencer just collapses and I can't get it on. Is there a trick to this? Thank you everyone!

Hello everyone,
thank you for taking the time to read this query. On a 2021 GTI SE 170 when trying to replace valve gasket and i need torque specifications for this engine.
Thank You

They are a little tricky to get the breather hose back on. My method is to put a little grease on it and hook the bottom edge first and push and twist with my right hand while squeezing the main tube with my left so it can't push in or collapse. Should go right in with a little cursing. lol

Thank you for the response, I'll try that. I also thought that maybe I should loosen the large breather hose, and I might be able to put my fingers behind the hole to keep it from collapsing when inserting the connector?

It's even harder when it isn't attached as that helps to keep it from collapsing and hold it in place. You'll get it but you do have to twist and push hard and change the angle back and forth a little.

Back