bogging-- rich?? (I think) (also slow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arc323

Ok, so I took my 97 gti out today. It ran good all day. It is slow (35mph). But otherwise dependable. Started flawless and idled flawless everytime. At the end of the day it started bogging on acceleration. I think it is an issue of too much oil. (pump blocked off, runs premix)(I did put more fuel and oil in late in the day - would explain good running all day)
I tried 40:1 but I got a crappy measure thing from wal mart and I thought better to have more oil than less. I'm using Quicksilver PWC.

My thoughts:
Clean carbs.
Lean out oil
Replace plugs (done)
Clean fuel filter

Do you guys think if I do these things my problem will be solved. (no grey lines)
Any other thoughts as to why my ski is so slow? It sounds really good. Could it be my wear ring? It has a metal one and I sometimes think i can hear it. Thanks for all your help so far :)

Check the compression first, since the ski is new to you.

When it was slow... were the RPM's low too?

Is your buzzer working?

Buzzer works great. It didnt give me any problems. "mechanic" claims fresh rebuild. (this is the same one I post about asking "did I get a good deal")

No RPM gauge but based on the sound they are a little low.
I ran the ski all day long. It was very dependable. Started running a little warmer than it should but I bring it to the dock to check frequently so it's fine.
What if the RPMS are low?

fuel filter was all gunked up. Cleaned and put back on. started ski and revved. It seems like I got higher RPMS. Compression great. Mechanic said carbs just cleaned. (bought from mechanic)
Here's a pic of the plug I ran all day long. Too rich??spark plug1.jpg

Any advice? too rich??

Looks rich to me. Have the fuel lines been replaced? You should do as the doctor ordered and run a compression check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back