Bleed Line Replacement Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

notshort

Two bleed lines on my Mercury M2 240 EFI became disconnected; one disconnected fitting is located directly underneath the flywheel, right behind the trigger harness (viewed from stbd side); the other fitting is behind the VST on the port side. Tried to replace both lines with Sierra bleeder hose (ID = .090; OD = .220) which is a replacement for Mercury bleeder hose (32-99130122) but could not get the hose over the fittings...even when I dipped the ends in a little Premium Plus and softened with heat from my working light bulb. Based on recommendations I found on some boating forums, I tried using Tygon F-4040-A fuel line (3/32" ID X 3/16" OD) and I was able to replace both bleed lines with that. It was much more flexible and is designed to work with most fuels...here is the spec sheet: http://www.tygon.saint-gobain.co.jp/pdf/TygonF4040A.pdf. Am I ok using Tygon for this application? Also, I took the boat out for an optest after I replaced the bleed lines...operated from idle to WOT for about 20 minutes and I didn't find any leaks; but I didn't see any fuel in either of the bleeder lines and I'm wondering if this is normal or indicative of another problem? Thanks in advance.

Tygon is a GREAT hose for all fuel/oil related uses. You will be 100% fine using it. (here's mine)

81.jpg

Tony Thanks for the response. Attached are photos of the blown 210 and the suspected replacement 240. Note the 210 has Bleed ports(oil?) at every cylinder and the 240 does not. The problem, again , is in attaching the carbs to the 240? block.

Thanks in advance.

John

1528658121875.png
1528658175215.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back