Best place to get new starter for a 96 gsx

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneT

Ok people i need help with some good website to get parts.

1st i need to get a new starter for my new to me 1996 gsx
2nd i need a site to get the little things like water inlet connectors to hook up a water hose to this ski on trailer !
3rd Just a good all around site to get jetski things as needed!

Thank You
OneT

Attachments

• IMG955592.jpg
    IMG955592.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 25
I had to do a double take, your ski looks a lot like mine.

The best thing you can do for a starter, short of getting a new OEM (big bucks), is to rebuild the one you have, or take it to have it rebuilt. Most new starters are made in China and are junk.

Water inlet connector, Lowe's, your connection to the ski is a standard water hose connection.

Jetski things: Overton's, SBT (Watercraft Super Store), West Marine, for parts, this site click "PARTS" at the top of this page, used parts, Minnetonka4me or 99spxxx.

Welcome to the forum.

Lou

Attachments

• 100_0611.JPG
    100_0611.JPG
    888.2 KB · Views: 13
Like Lou said. Do NOT buy a new starter unless it is an OEM.

They will not hold up and in many cases won't crank even right after you install them.

ty too coastiejoe! well i have to run into lowe's and get more tools for this jet ski i never needed so many different allen wrench tools before ! :lol: old fords and honda's don't have that many :lol:

Then i'll test this starter but i'm pretty sure it is bad but then again i just hope my motor is not locked down tho !!!

It's just a matter of what you want, I have not had experience with a primer system, but guys who have used them seem to like them.

I would just order a good used choke cable with knob from either [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] or [MENTION=46279]99spxxx[/MENTION].

Lou

Bu, but, but, Kicker, it's not OEM. I know you're anal like me and wouldn't use it on your ski. :facepalm:

Lou

I love having the primer on my 96 XP. Pump the primer and it fires with a tap of the button.

There are cons to it though. The cheap lines they come with can dry out and cause an air leak and it's not as easy to stop a runaway

Long live the 2 stroke Seadoo!

This may be my best thing to do ! ty lou

It's just a matter of what you want, I have not had experience with a primer system, but guys who have used them seem to like them.

I would just order a good used choke cable with knob from either [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] or [MENTION=46279]99spxxx[/MENTION].

Lou

Primers are nice, but its alot of work to install.

I actually sell the OEM Choke knob repair kit for $15 shipped. Have many in stock ready to ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back