Battery question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusthawk

The big grey box with all the electronics in it, is it supposed to hole the battery inside it or hold in down below it? I tried to install today but the battery wires are outside the box and I don't think there is enough room inside for it, I wonder if I got the wrong battery.

Thanks, and I apologize if this is a stupid question. Everything else is installed and ready to go once I get the battery installed, except for the throllt cable, can't seem to make it stay connected to the linkage on the carb.

Battery box?

No, the battery does not go in your electronics box. You should have a small plastic box with a cover and strap to hold your battery. It's normally on the bottom side of the hull, pretty much to the aft side of the engine.
No question is a stupid question here!........:cheers:

I think the only stupid question is the one you forgot to ask... This is a friendly place and we all have questions for each other. Sometimes we even get some of the questions correct... I would look close at the linkage for the carb, Jeff if it keeps slipping out of the tang that holds it. Remember to ask if you get stuck...Take pictures if you need to and post them.
Karl

Hey guys, thanks for the responses, I founf out a couple hours ago what I was doing wrong. There are two opposing threaded units to hold the throttle cable, one slotted for adjustment, and the other for cinching and placement, onceI adjusted the slotted one, it fit perfectly and tightly.

As for the battery, I figured out how it mounted up. There not being enough room for a battery in the box, I looked at the underside of the box to discover cut outs and bracing for the battery. There are two threaded rods coming up along the ends of the battery and a nut fits on holding the electronics box on top, holding the battery in place. My one consern was that my new battery was too tall, but I went to the ACE hardware store and found a pair of T-nuts that will work. The inner threaded tube extends far enough down to engage more than half the threadswhile holding the box in place.

All I need to do now is drill a 3/4 inch hole for the new primer pump and get the new gas and oil. I'll be going over to Wally World in the next couple of days for the oil but I have enough right now for the gas. I will at least know how well it runs tomorrow or the next day. The carb is installed, the bilge pump is installed and rewired, the new plugs are in, the fire extinguisher is in, the air cleaner is installed, the tubing for the primer is installed, battery is in place! Almost there. I can't wait!!!!!:hurray::hurray::hurray:

That is great news!! Got a get us pictures on it's first voyage if you can... I know the feeling... been their before. Keep us posted.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back