Basket case

Status
Not open for further replies.

chazdo2

I purchased a 1996 Seadoo GSX at an auction. The engine was removed and everything looks to be in good shape just apart. My engine is out of the machine. I have compression, but before I put it back in what checks should I make while the engine is out. Can anyone give me an outline where I should begin to complete this monumental task? Any help would be much appreciated. Also how do I check to see if my mag is ok I have a zero ohms reading from the stator case to any of the yellow wires. Is this ok?

Good luck!

If you got a good deal, then you have a nice project on your hands. I wonder why the engine was out if it had good compression?
There is no doubt that you'll need a manual to complete this task. We have all that you need in our premium membership to help you with the task of putting that doo back together. I looked in the manual and found that it would be impossible to give you all the readings for your ohm meter to check all your wires. I can tell you that you can't find an ohm reading of zero and compare that to all the wires on the mag. The static test and dynamic test of the mpem and mag together, along with your trigger coil, will all have measurements in resistance.
Good luck and if you like, check out the ad's on the left hand side of the forums start page. There you will find a place ot buy parts for a pretty good price!
Let me know how things come out!.......:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back