bad computer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ixslr8

i have a buddy who's wanting to sell me his 1997 Sea Doo gsx. my question is he said he hooked up the battery backwards :confused: and now the computer is bad. does this sound like a logical outcome if the battery was hooked up backwards? if not what would it likely have ruined first? what would i be looking at cost wise to replace the computer and/or whatever it may have ruined? thanks for the help

Hey ixslr8, Welcome to the Seadoo Fourms! I looked at the Seadoo Repair manual for the 97 gsx, and I would first check the fuses in the Fuse box first. The MPEM (Muliti-Purpose Electrical Module)...also refered to as the computer, controls the workings of the ski. The power passes to the MPEM through a solenoid, and a 15 amp fuse in the rear electrical box to protect the MPEM. If someone connected the battery backwards it would spark like crazy and than blow the fuses due to a over load. I would check all the fuses, and try it again. The manual I was looking at is availiable to you to download from this site. If you join as a premium member you have acess to the seadoo Manual Library. The manual contains the Wire Diagrams,Diagnostic tests of electrical componets, Torque specs, Trouble shooting, Winterizing, assembly diagrams with pictures...ect. as a premium member you can read it on line or down it as a PDF file and print it if you perfer. You can download any manual for for any model as a member. Click on the link at the top under seadoo manuals for more details. A premium member also has a special post section for more advanced problems to be solved. If we can be of any more help let us know, and keep us posted on your progress.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back