Asking Advice and direction on 2007 Seadoo Challenger 180

Mcrumb

Premium Member
Premium Member
I have my challenger 180 for sale looking for your honest opinions and guidance
On a fair selling price. Please take a look at the pictures and work done and give
Me your options good and bad just looking for some direction.
Thanks

So no one has any advice or suggestions 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yeah the forum is often quiet. I never get emails notification for updates even for replies to my own posts.

Anyway. I don’t see any pics of your boat. Location, runtime hrs, and condition will depend. Excellent condition 2010/2012 SE/SP 180’s w/wo towers, low hrs, 260 HP SC with trailer included, in Ontario Canada is 25-30k CAD. That’s my market the past few years.

2009 listed locally for 20k but all depends on condition and hrs and features. Bimini etc.

Yeah the forum is often quiet. I never get emails notification for updates even for replies to my own posts.

Anyway. I don’t see any pics of your boat. Location, runtime hrs, and condition will depend. Excellent condition 2010/2012 SE/SP 180’s w/wo towers, low hrs, 260 HP SC with trailer included, in Ontario Canada is 25-30k CAD. That’s my market the past few years.

2009 listed locally for 20k but all depends on condition and hrs and features. Bimini etc.
Definitely understand your feelings on the site.
It’s listed for sale on this site and here is my
Craigslist post. Just wanted opinions on the boat.
Thanks
2007 Seadoo Challenger 180 - boats - by owner - marine sale - craigslist

If you check on Boat Trader the market value on paper is between $11,000 on low end and $24,000 on the high end. Boat looks really clean and should get top dollar. Remember most of the repairs you did are regular maintenance repairs that should be performed on a regular basis. In this economy, with CASH being tight on a verge of a recession Toys aren't a required thing. Without knowing your investment in the boat, the banks will only finance what book value tells us it is worth. Same as vehicles, adding many upgrades on trading in to a dealer won't budge the needle to much on market value. A serious buyer spending 25k to 30k would more than likely do their homework on Market value. Put yourself in the buyers shoes. Would you pay that asking price for this boat? Everybody wants a deal. My advise is to ask what you think it is worth and accept any offers you think is appropriate. You can always come down on price but you can't go up...just saying. The more aggressive you are on price, the quicker it will sell. I would check around to see what other similar boats have sold for and use that as a gauge. It will never be anything other than a 07 180 Seadoo. Karl

Very nice boat. Low hrs, great condition.

I think your price is more than fair. Likely could get a little higher if you market it differently.

To Karl’s point, some of the stuff you’ve listed is maintenance. And I’m not sure pics with parts off the boat with drill/impact driver sends the right message. To those that know it might be great, those new to boating may get a different message and look elsewhere.

Small details like converting lights to led on the trailer are great to point out in person and to counter someone haggling.

Your pics are already doing most of the talking. It’s a seriously clean engine bay.

I would list the specs, stored indoors, then list the updates/upgrades; hydroturf, sound system, wear ring at x hrs. Etc.

I wouldn’t mention winches etc. I’m buying a boat with trailer, I can see in the pic there’s a winch and I expect it to work, it’s nice that’s it’s new but not making me part with my money more or less.

WRT all the restore work, sanding painting. etc. I get it you’re rightly proud of the work you did, and I’d be happy to hear it. This might be a case of Less is more (says the guy posting a wall of text :)
Boat pampered, stored indoors, see pics engine bay, pump etc all like new.

I wouldn’t even mention being 3rd owner.
Again I’m buying a 2007 boat almost expected, let them inquire, if they turn up to buy and walk because of 3rd ownership they were going to walk for some other nonsense.

It really is a lovely boat. And the price is more than fair. Best of luck with it.

For fun I pasted your ad into chat gpt asked it to : Simplify and make this advert more appealing. Remove detail that may be important to the seller but not a prospective buyer:

### For Sale: Seadoo Jet Boat

Super clean 2007 Seadoo challenger 180 (XXXHP) with only 127 hours, Bimini top and swing tongue OEM trailer. This boat has been well-maintained and stored indoors.

Nothing to do but put it in the water and have smiles for miles.

In addition to regular maintenance,
Recent upgrades include:
- professionally Rebuilt supercharger
- New PTO bearing and carbon seal
- New driveshaft, wear ring, and stainless steel impeller
- Thrust Vector low-speed steering enhancement - docking is a breeze.
- Complete Marine Matt flooring
- New volt meter with USB charging
- New LED speakers and cockpit lights

Trailer updates:
- New Led lights
- New tires and rims
- New winch and strap

All receipts and manuals are available for the new owner.

Don't miss this opportunity to own a meticulously updated and maintained Seadoo Jet Boat!

———

I made some tweaks after but 95% is chat gpt. If you know the top speed I’d pop that in too.

Last edited:
I'd say it's worth around $10k so you're asking price is reasonable. The Ft. Myers boat market doesn't bring a lot of money for 17 year old boats because so many have sat in saltwater their whole life and aren't worth much.

Back