Anyone using Credit Card payments via their phone?

Coastiejoe

Paypal has a device that is a flat 2.7% per swipe and Square Credit has one that is 2.75% per swipe.

From what I am reading neither has any hidden charges and they deposit at the end of the night so your money is available the next day. Neither seem to keep any information on your actual phone but at their server that is encrypted.

So,,, if anyone is/has used these or others I'd like to know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance...

225.jpg
226.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The wife uses the square for her side businesses. Haven't had any issues in the year and a half or so that's she's used it.

We use PayPal Here to receive payments at events for PWC Muscle.. it's not too bad but seems a bit buggy on some phones. I am guessing it works just fine on iPhones though.

Did LOTS of reading and research. "Paypal Here" seems to be the way to go. They both offer the same basic options, but the PayPal option has live help, immediate e-mail and phone support. Square Credit has a phone number but no one answers. It gives you a message on how to email them. The only negative if you can consider it a negative is, PayPal Here goes to your PayPal account where Square Credit will go wherever you set it up to go.

For me, it is not a con as I use my PayPal for tons of things. All the toys I buy, paying my insurance on my toys, and buying most all parts I buy. I ordered a debit card as well which pulls funds from the paypal account. So again, not a negative as far as I cam concerned.

Paypal here does go to your PayPal account but you can set it up to automatically deposit the cash into any bank account. It's the way to go. We looked quite a bit before going with it. Although, that was in 2012.

I have one for my phone. I've only used it a couple times... but mine was tied to my Merchant account for my shop. (via Intuit/QuickBooks) For me... it was the same price from that, as it was from my shop.

Paypal here does go to your PayPal account but you can set it up to automatically deposit the cash into any bank account. It's the way to go. We looked quite a bit before going with it. Although, that was in 2012.

You can do that a couple if ways. Simply request the funds or do it automatically. For me, I'll leave it in PayPal as that is my play money.

Here's a question I have (I didn't look for an answer either), can you manually enter a card # like from over the phone if you took and order? We have a few customers that want to deal with us with a CC vs. a purchase order. These are big corporations, not just a single person so I can't ask a corporation to set up a paypal account. I'd rather us get paid now vs. 45 plus days too. And does a Merchant account get hit worse percentage wise or are there any fees associated with it? I also can assume that the customer has no idea it's transacting through PP. We used to have a CC machine like you would see at the stores but our big companies we did business with ditch their CC and went back to PO #'s due to over zealous spending on the CC's. Then we were suck paying a monthly fee to have the CC machine and ended up getting out of taking CC's cause it was costing us money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a question I have (I didn't look for an answer either), can you manually enter a card # like from over the phone if you took and order? We have a few customers that want to deal with us with a CC vs. a purchase order. These are big corporations, not just a single person so I can't ask a corporation to set up a paypal account. I'd rather us get paid now vs. 45 plus days too. And does a Merchant account get hit worse percentage wise or are there any fees associated with it? I also can assume that the customer has no idea it's transacting through PP. We used to have a CC machine like you would see at the stores but our big companies we did business with ditch their CC and went back to PO #'s due to over zealous spending on the CC's. Then we were suck paying a monthly fee to have the CC machine and ended up getting out of taking CC's cause it was costing us money.

From what I read, yes. You can also take checks by inputting the information manually. Once I get the scanner in my hand I will play with it more to learn, but i believe you can do both manually.

[MENTION=57920]racerxxx[/MENTION]

Here are the details, it affects the pricing a bit if you use numbers and no card..

PayPal Here Pricing

PayPal Here Swiped Rate
PayPal Here charges a flat 2.70% of the transaction volume for all swiped credit and debit cards, including the often more expensive American Express cards. PayPal Here does not have a credit card transaction fee like many other smartphone processing solutions that utilize a traditional merchant account.

PayPal Here Keyed Rate
The cost to manually enter a transaction by keying numbers increases to a flat 3.50% of volume plus a $0.15 transaction fee.

PayPal Here Check Processing
Check processing and settlement is offered free of charge through PayPal Here.

Kev,i use the paypal here all the time to take payments. I do the same thing as far as play money. Every penny i make buying/selling phones all stays in my paypal account. Then I use the debit card to take money back out from the ATM to buy mors products. It just keeps on cycling. Its nice to use it for the play money...thats how i bought the bigger boat last year. I have had zero problems with paypal or paypal here.

Kev,i use the paypal here all the time to take payments. I do the same thing as far as play money. Every penny i make buying/selling phones all stays in my paypal account. Then I use the debit card to take money back out from the ATM to buy mors products. It just keeps on cycling. Its nice to use it for the play money...thats how i bought the bigger boat last year. I have had zero problems with paypal or paypal here.

I also requested the Debit Card as well. Simple and fast means to the paypal money...

I'm certain I'll not be buying a larger boat, I have 25 grand in my skis, trailer and goodies as it is.

But I'm pretty sure I will be able to spend money with little issue...

Back