Anyone run full synthetic oil in their non supercharged 4-tec?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyboyX

I've been looking at speedster 200's. in particular the unsupercharged version. i guess 310hp in a 20' boat is enough for me. i think i will enjoy not having all of that extra maintenance and expense-thus not needing the friction modifier. has anyone had the experience (long term ideally) of running a full synthetic oil in their engines? it seems to me that they would last a lot longer just as my cars, trucks, lawn equipment have in doing so. please post up your thoughts.

Brian

From what I read, full synthetic is totally fine in a non supercharged Rotax.

I am a full synthetic guy. Everything with oil in it i own except this boat runs full syn. All of my cars actually require it. Other things that don't, get it anyway.

Mostly for the cold starting properties, here in Canada, we get colder than -20c in the winter. Anyone who says dyno oil performs the same as syn when cold is completely full of crap.

BTW, I know you can run full syn in the SC versions with the right oil. I just buy the BRP semi syn anyways because to be honest, the season is so short why bother.

I have run Rotella T6 (full synthetic) in my non SC Speedster for the past two years as I believe the oil is better than semi synthetic and a bit less expensive than the BRP semi syn. I have not had any issues, mind you I only put on about 20 hours a season in Ontario Canada.

thank you guys for your advice. Rotella T is my oil that i use in my diesel truck and everything else around here. this just affirms my conviction to find a boat with non blown engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back