Anyone riding in Lake Hopatcong?

birkoff

Hi! Wanted to check if there were any riders in Lake Hopatcong that would share tips of the lake.

Cya...

B

Was just there yesterday... Lake is still low so gotta watch out for for swallow water. When I see 3 feet on my dash I get nervous. This was only my second time there. Alot of #^&&)O& sailboats out there. For such a big lake it seems pretty small. Wondering where the best place to put in is...the Morris launch @ $15/ski is steep, although there are 3 ramps and was not crowded at all.

Hey PPandr! I was there on Saturday. I launched from the state park ramp ($10), BUT I had some issues (http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=15820). Lots of weeds! I was able to clean all of it yesterday and today I'm planning on going out again to see if everything is fine with it.

And you are right, the lake is still pretty low! Was wondering if there is any other place to boat at in the nearby area.

Let me know if you find any good spots!

B

Hey! Yesterday I went to the lake again and the State Park was full, so went to the Morris ramps... AMAZING! You pay 5 bucks more but at least there are no weeds everywhere and the rumps are much better built! At least until the lake level raises a little bit I'll keep going here.

Anyone else out there going to Lake Hopatcong?

The south end of the lake tends to have the most weeds....read your post. With your ski Seadoo recommends no less than 3 feet of water....I'm here to tell you that 3 is not enough. Sucked up a rock last year in the Delaware in 3+ feet of water off a WOT start. $350 in parts!!! I won't take my GTX in other lakes in NJ...unless I know them well cause at 60mph you don't have much option when the water gets skinny. I was thinking of starting a thread for places to ride and launch in NJ that are ski friendly. If the weather holds out I'll be heading back up there this weekend.

I hear you! That is why I think I will prefer spending 5 bucks more than having to spend 300 in repairs!

About the thread... that would be really cool!I've read that near Atlantic city there are a couple of cool places to ride.

Thanks for your reply and feedback!

B

Heading up tommorrow/ Sunday...launching out of Morris County again. They have a 10 launch deal...$112 for 10..better that $15 each time.
I'll have my son with me this week...can't keep him home again.

Back