Anyone Ride up at Lake Wallenpaupack?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

cbchang6200

Hey are there any riders that ride up at Lake Wallenpaupack in northeastern PA; it is the 2nd largest man made lake in PA; a great place to ride.

Hey are there any riders that ride up at Lake Wallenpaupack in northeastern PA; it is the 2nd largest man made lake in PA; a great place to ride.

.....with a 45mph limit on weekends? Do they strictly enforce that? Making the trip one of these days. Where's a good place to launch out of?

.....with a 45mph limit on weekends? Do they strictly enforce that? Making the trip one of these days. Where's a good place to launch out of?

There is a public access launch area that is free to launch from, I can't remember the name, but it is on Rt. 590, near the RT. 6 intersection. Yes, I think they do enforce the speed limit on the weekends.

ramp on google maps?

Can anyone point to the free ramp on google maps or post the GPS position?

Thanks

Can anyone point to the free ramp on google maps or post the GPS position?

Thanks

Hi cwhogan:

It's really not hard to find, if you are coming on Route 6 west into Hawley, when you get to Route 590 intersection, make a left turn onto Route 590, and go about 1/4 mile and make the 1st left you come to. It's right there.

cbchang6200

So from your description I guess it is here (41.461669,-75.186203)
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=41.461669,-75.186203&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hl=en&t=h&z=16

All the way on the other side of the lake from my rental. Figures. :)

Are there many places to buy fuel on the lake, or do you have to trailer to a gas station?

Thanks

Yes! That looks like it. I really don't know where you can get gas on the lake yet, because I'm still looking to buy my first jet ski and get out there. But I know there are several gas stations right on Route 6 near that intersection.

cbchang6200

So from your description I guess it is here (41.461669,-75.186203)
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=41.461669,-75.186203&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hl=en&t=h&z=16

All the way on the other side of the lake from my rental. Figures. :)

Are there many places to buy fuel on the lake, or do you have to trailer to a gas station?

Thanks

Hey I took a closer look at your google map and it is a little off. You are marking the overlook spot, not the ramp. You have to keep going down 590 a little more till you get to the 1st left turn off 590.

lake wallen papauke

i got a house there... its beautiful up there. trying to get my 03 xpdi fixed to bring it up there. if i do , will be sure to post the date ill be riding, and yea local ramps all over. main one its off 590 and rt6 at the general store make left if coming big LAKE WALLENPAPAUKE LETTERS, or make right if coming from HAWLEY. once you make your turn its about 3/4 of a mile on your left. great ramp great lake, winter and summer

i got a house there... its beautiful up there. trying to get my 03 xpdi fixed to bring it up there. if i do , will be sure to post the date ill be riding, and yea local ramps all over. main one its off 590 and rt6 at the general store make left if coming big LAKE WALLENPAPAUKE LETTERS, or make right if coming from HAWLEY. once you make your turn its about 3/4 of a mile on your left. great ramp great lake, winter and summer

Sounds great! Let me know when you'll be up this way. I live just 25 minutes away from the lake.

hey i have a house out that way but my jet ski is registered to new york. im not to familar with the laws, does it have to be registered to the state that i am going to use it in?

hey i have a house out that way but my jet ski is registered to new york. im not to familar with the laws, does it have to be registered to the state that i am going to use it in?

You would only have to register it in PA if you were moving to PA.

cbchang6200

paupac

Havent been there since the the mid 80's. We usually boat/ski at Blue Marsh or the Lehigh, no speed limits no hp limits. If any pa/jersey individuals looking for some skiis check out the for sale in the forum.
Brian

Back