Anyone brewing their own beer?

ace422

Been thinking of giving it a try. We have a big extended family and its my turn to host Thanksgiving this year, figured it be a cool thing to add to the party. Started doing some research doesn't seem too difficult. Any advice is appreciated.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412112495.599005.jpg it's not hard , this is what I use. It'll hold 1 brew. What I do is mix the brew contents in a pan of hot water not really boiling but hot enough to desolve sugar and such. Add the brew contents, sugar and what ever else you're putting in it ( hops and so on) I only use sugar and honey. The brew calls for 1kg sugar but I put 500 grams in and add 500 grams of honey other wise ya tongue hangs out after a couple beers ( alcohol content is through the roof).
Fill your barrel up about half way with cold water then pour the mixture in give it a good stir tighten the lid up and wait til the air lock stops bubbling (ready to bottle) put right amount of sugar in ( depends on what size your bottles are) cap"em and wait about 4-6 weeks.
You can use a keg setup which the beer is ready to drink straight away due to using the carbon gas method it calls for( I don't know anything about that method) . Hope this helps. There is a home brew thread going on this forum look down the line here in the ( off topic section) good luck and happy brewing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back