Anybody brave the cold for a ride yet this year?

I know the Floridians and Californians will chime in that they never stop riding but for those of us that are bit more northern, anybody go out yet? My typical riding spot is still about 30% ice so I'm probably a good 3 weeks out before I can even brave it in cold water. Just curious how soon everybody else takes the plunge.

We went out Monday in the boat, not bad, I'll probably be out on one of the ski's this week.

Lou

Considering I'm still seeing cars and trucks driving on the lakes I go on, It will probably be awhile for me....LOL

Well not going to lie. I live in ohio right on a lake. I was out last Monday for 30 mins and I rode today for 30 mins....wet suit on and let the good times roll lol

Well not going to lie. I live in ohio right on a lake. I was out last Monday for 30 mins and I rode today for 30 mins....wet suit on and let the good times roll lol

Good for you,, always nice to see people brave the weather. I moved from OH last September to Florida, so I KNOW what it is like to ride in 40 degree temps,,,

And I thought I was the first one out in Ohio! You beat me!!! Went out yesterday. 46 degree water. Just did 1/2 hour to start the break in process on my rebuilt engine. Hope the docks go in soon!!!

And I thought I was the first one out in Ohio! You beat me!!! Went out yesterday. 46 degree water. Just did 1/2 hour to start the break in process on my rebuilt engine. Hope the docks go in soon!!!

lol...were just crazy, sick full of seadoo love!!

We broke out wetsuits and rode the ice out on the river here a few weeks ago, been water testing many engine replacements and carb repairs over the last two weeks. ~Summer and warm water can't come soon enough!

Water here is just now thawing out finally, so water's still way too cold. I'm thinking it will be at least a month till I get out there, sadly.

I can still see large chunks of ice on Lake Erie so it's still gonna be a while. I thought the ice was gone from the bay but then I saw some seagulls walking on the water today and realized that the ice has just sunken a bit in some places. Gives me another reason to hate seagulls. Probably the only form of wildlife I've ever seen go out of its way to be annoying to people.

I went out today to test out the rebuilt carbs/new fuel lines/new anti rattle cone and wear ring. All went well and played for about 30 minutes. Ohio weather 70 degree air temp but only 46 degree water temp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back