Any differences between 2014 RXP-X 260 and 2015 RXP-X 260?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdeblasi

So when I inquired about a "Black and Viper Red" RXP-X 260, the dealer told me that they're no longer available and that the ones that were towards the beginning of the year were leftover 2014 models in the Sea Doo warehouse that were marked with a 2015 VIN. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? If I manage to locate a 2015 "Black and Viper Red" model, are there any features it would possibly be missing that're new to models actually manufactured in 2015? Any info is appreciated!

So when I inquired about a "Black and Viper Red" RXP-X 260, the dealer told me that they're no longer available and that the ones that were towards the beginning of the year were leftover 2014 models in the Sea Doo warehouse that were marked with a 2015 VIN. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? If I manage to locate a 2015 "Black and Viper Red" model, are there any features it would possibly be missing that're new to models actually manufactured in 2015? Any info is appreciated!

Not sure how true that is when it's a 2014 model it's a 2014 model when it's a 2015 model it's a 2015 model they can't just be like yea it's 2015 we call these 2015 lol if that's the case they have a 2010 model and put a
Hin number on and change to 2015??

They would have to re-HIN the ski. Regardless of the legal aspects, I can't imagine it is something they would do. too much work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
So, BRP takes out the fuel tank to change the HIN inside the ski as well as the one on the outside at rear as well as the bar code stickers with the HIN. That's a good one. lol

There is a difference between the 2014 and 2015 models the DESS pin has been redesigned it is now a ball and socket type of lanyard and pin, whick I think is a much nicer setup. It snaps ito place looks like a much more solid connection.

There is a difference between the 2014 and 2015 models the DESS pin has been redesigned it is now a ball and socket type of lanyard and pin, whick I think is a much nicer setup. It snaps ito place looks like a much more solid connection.

If I'm not mistaken the 2014 and 2015 lanyard is he same

Thats what I,m talking about but the new 2015 seadoos have a new style lanyard with a different DESS post and style of lanyard I have seen several of them at the dealers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back